Discipline & Punishment: Hello Again

The Punishment Book has been sleeping for a bit. I think this is inevitable — we're all busy with lives and individual blogs. Some of us who are doing discipline and punishment may not want to write about it at the moment. Or maybe feel it's a story we've already told. At the same time, this blog, which was one of the only DD / disipline or WIIWD blogs 7 years ago is now one of many.

But I thought I might tell you what's been up with me.  As those of you who read my own blog know, I finally finished my Ph.D. — which means I lost my job. Paul and I are oddly in the position, for the first time in our relationship where I have to depend on him financially for everything. To put it mildly, this sucks (although he's been lovely about it).  I start a new part time job in January so hopefully I'm not going to get to used to it.

Meanwhile, not having money of my own has made me very aware of all my expenses. I don't waste money generally, but I have been making coffee and lunch at home a lot more often. I also have had to face the fact that I have been wasting money for months in one specific area.  My gym fees are $49 a month and I haven't been using it. I considered dropping the membership but the thing is I really do need to exercise more — a yoga DVD here and there and walking isn't really cutting it. Plus, when I go, I enjoy my gym. So I asked Paul to give me 45 strokes of the cane any week I don't go to the gym at least three times.

How did the first week go? I got 49 strokes of the small cane (with my dad sleeping in the next room — yuck!) on Sunday night. Monday I went to the gym.  This week is already going better.

Oh and for those of you still reading… hello again.

11 thoughts on “Discipline & Punishment: Hello Again

1. Bronte

I need to go the gym too. Do you think you could ask him to give you 49 strokes of the cane any week *I* don’t go to the gym at least 3 times. I’m sure that would be very motivating to me. 😉

2. Izzy

Hi! Long, long time reader and first time commenter… (No, really. Long time reader. I discovered you via the tree house.. well, I’m not going to say how old I was. But it was 10+ years ago).
    I can relate. The sleeping person in the next room thing (though in my case it’s a 5 year old), the not going to the gym thing. Sad thing is, I have free access to a gym at my school, but I almost never use it. My bf has been easy on me, but only because I’ve had 2 horrible injuries lately. But those are healing/healed.. so this is going to be me, soon.

It’s good to hear from you — I’m glad you’ve finally posted (and glad we finally had something up for you to post to).
    I’m not sure what it means, but yes, spanking does work as a form of encouragement. It can’t pull me somewhere I don’t want to go, but can nudge me in the right direction.

4. Izzy

Thanks!
    I totally agree. In the past 2 years I’ve had this set up, it’s been helpful. For a period of time I thought it’d fix absolutely everything in my life that was less than satisfactory, but alas. It’s a good “nudge,” though.

5. PaulAtNorthGare

No, no, I don’t think you were necessarily doing anything wrong. We’ve always taken the position that anyone who found the Treehouse interesting would have to already be into the stuff we were writing about. I suppose we’re glad if what we wrote could help in some way. But we wouldn’t have wanted anyone as young as you were to contact us, put it that way.

6. Izzy

Thank you, that makes sense. I remember the ultra-fast, nervous heart beat as I found all of that stuff, was so worried about getting caught and I understood the laws and stigma; I never would have contacted anyone (until I was an adult, that is).
    Though yes, the Treehouse was my favorite site and it helped me immensely. It helped normalize what I thought made me a freak, and kept my mind busy (and happy), and therefore from thinking about some of the special challenges of my young life.

7. Season

Hi! When you first started the Punishment Book I was on board reading every post. Back then I was still a lurker in blogland, never posting anywhere, and had never experienced TTWD. It was all just fantasy. Over the course of these past few years I have delurked on blogs, met the love of my life who is my first and only Top and spanker, experienced all I used to fantasy about for myself, and started my own blog with Michael. The Punishment Book, el tercer ojo, At A Kinky House, Through Iris Eyes, and The Treehouse have all been good company for my journey. Thank you all so much for being out here. You have touched my life in such a positive way!

Thank you so much for such a lovely comment. I’ve been remiss about looking for new blogs to see and had missed yours, but looking through it is a joy — what a wonderful eye for pictures you two have.
    I’m so glad your story has such a happy ending and am even more pleased you’ve commented and shared it. 🙂