Say What NEXTEL?

encouragedThis seems a rather harsh ad campaign, but perhaps one we’ll have to adopt here on the PB.

Pab snapped this on our way to breakfast this morning, compensating for the reflection and the like.  We did try and take one with me standing under the sign but I did something odd with my mouth during the picture (not at all unusual for me btw) and so have disposed of those copies of the print.

One nice thing about living in Santa Monica is that no one seemed at all interested in why we were either snapping the pictures or why I was posing there.

Maybe we’ll have to try it again before the sign comes down.

7 thoughts on “Say What NEXTEL?

Whatever do they mean? That owning a Motorola phone is a punishment, but that’s alright, because it’s an *encouraged* sort of punishment?
    How Very Strange!

2. Abel

I’m just imagining the team in the ad agency brainstorming ideas for the TV ads promoting the phone. Now that’s a campaign I want to watch 😉

NEXTEL is always going on about how ‘durable’ their phones are and how much ‘punishment’ (as in, how many times you can drop them) they can take without breaking.
    I googled to see if I could find any news about this ad campaign but all I could find was a bunch of complaints. Apparently you can drop one without breaking it, but they seem to randomly stop working all on their own… oops, wait, this isn’t a review of NEXTEL is it?
    Sorry 🙁

4. z

I do odd things with my mouth too, which is why I always say “julie” is more photogenic than I am. .. and a lot less camera shy. Just wanted to stop by and say….that is a funny. 🙂

5. Pablo

I must be coming over a bit Frankie Howerd today (no, don’t, stop it, no).
    “We did try and take one with me standing under the sign but I did something odd with my mouth during the picture (not at all unusual for me btw) and so have disposed of those copies of the print.”
    Because I’m imagining people reading this and thinking that it confirms everything they’ve always suspected about Santa Monica.

6. Kayley

I don’t know what they mean, but I did have a Motorola and having it *was* a punishment. And that little phone looks an awful lot to what I had. Maybe it’s a gadget with some extras designed for people who believe in the lines above…
    Anyway, I do hope you take some pictures with that sign… *picturing Mija where the cell phone is* Now *that*… would make sense! hehe
    Hugz,