The cane needn’t hurt

I got caned this morning: four strokes, not very hard at all, but very
much deserved.

These were a result of my instinctive tendency to forget
about tasks I don’t like performing. For example, I don’t like going to
the corner shop to put credit on the gas card… thus we run out of
gas.

Abel shook his head and let it go the last couple of times. The few
times before that he wasn’t at home to discover I’d let the credit run
out. However, the very last time he warned me that if it happened
again, there would be a caning for me.

So, yeah.

The punishment was as light as any caning had a right to be, but my pride
has a weeping wound right through the middle. I think I’ll just go and die now.

8 thoughts on “The cane needn’t hurt

1. Dutchman

Perhaps a more thorough caning would have made you feel better, afterwards? One of the reasons punishment works so well, in my experience, is that my fiancee is effectively ‘paying off’ her guilt as I chastise her. Four strokes would generally not be enough to achieve that, though.

You might be right, Dutchman. However, there’s a school of thought that says that if a hard, painful punishment makes the offender feel better sooner, it’s actually too much of a kindness. A symbolic punishment that leaves an aftertaste of shame then serves the purpose of making one concentrate on the offence, rather than alleviate the guilt.
    Or something.
    In any case, this is purely academic for me right now, because I can’t be caned hard for health-related reasons. *sigh*

3. Abel

Symbolic punishments also have the benefit of leaving the recipient in no doubt as to how severely she would be punished were she to dare to commit the same offence again…. Don’t they, Haron?

4. Abel

By the way, I am horrified. When I came to post my previous comment, I had to enter a series of digits and letters “to prevent automated robots from posting comments”. How unfair – if automated robots have an opinion on corporal punishment, they should surely be allowed to express it…

The only comments the automated robots have thus far contributed were *not* about corporal punishment.
    Now if you, Abel, would like to comment on robotic corporal punishment, that might be worth discussing.
    (Sorry about the cane, Haron 🙁 And about the need for symbolism.)
    sparkle

Honestly this is something that TypePad in their wisdom chose to add — I really didn’t do anything to restrict or silence the robots!
    As to symbolic punishments? Hmm… I’m not sure. My feelings of panic when being punished tend to make them seem more severe then they probably are… well, maybe. But the non-spanking parts sometimes make me feel very small and guilty.
    Forgetting to do things I don’t enjoy doing? Jeez, I just can’t even remember that ever happening. 😮

7. Kitten

I want to be punished more but my man mainly just spanks me for fun when he feels like it. How can I get him to discipline me more?

Kitten, it’s impossible to give advice without knowing more about you, your boyfriend, his preferences and your own. Is he even into spanking, or is he doing it to humour you?
    On the whole, it’s been my experience that the only way to “get” somebody to do anything is to discuss it with them, endlessly and painstakingly. To explain why it’s important to you, and how it would make you happier, and what attracts you about it. I’m not in favour of pestering, but unless you communicate your desires clearly, he won’t start punishing you out of the blue.
    If you *have* talked about it, and he still won’t do it – well. It’s a different story.